Let’s give thanks to another great month of soccer. In fact, let’s give thanks to the month with the most amount of games on TV so far in 2019. November featured over 330 games in 30 days, meaning that, on average, 11 games per day were available for consumption. Let’s dive in…
- 65 percent of the 20 most-watched games of the month involved a team from Mexico (Liga MX, Concacaf Nations League, FIFA U17 World Cup). Combined viewership for those 20 games is over 14.5 million
- MLS Cup – broadcast on ABC for the first time since 2008 – had almost 1.3 million viewers across both ABC and Univision
- TUDN led all broadcasters again in broadcasts. Their 84 broadcasts accounted for 16 percent of the over 500 total individual game broadcasts in November
- Two marquee match-ups in the Premier League – Liverpool vs. Man City & Man City vs. Chelsea – featured in the ten most-watched games and had a combined viewership of almost 2.2 million
- One other note of interest regarding ratings is that the Liga MX Femenil game between Tigres and Monterrey on November 29th had 180,000 viewers on TUDN – 14,000 viewers more than the NWSL Final
Soccer on TV in 2019
Curious how November compared to other months this year? See each monthly recap below and stay tuned in January for our full look back at 2019!