Spring has sprung and we’re well on our way to summer! As European leagues wrap up their seasons, let’s take a look back at April – a month that rained down plenty of soccer upon us and is also the last month until fall where a majority of leagues around the world are in action for a the full month. To the stats we go…
- Nearly 50 percent of the 20 most-watched games in April were from the Liga MX Clausura. Total viewership of those games: 8.8M
- The Concacaf Champions League final between Tigres and Monterrey was on Univision and had 608K viewers; roughly half of the most-watched UEFA Champions League game of the month – Tottenham vs. Ajax on TNT / Univision.
- Of the 220+ teams featured on TV in April, the most-featured U.S. team was Sporting Kansas City with four appearances
- NBC’s two over-the-air broadcasts of Premier League games averaged nearly 800,000 viewers
- TNT’s broadcast of four UEFA Champions League games brought them 1.7M viewers