The arrival and subsequent departure of September means one thing – hello, Fall. It’s hard to believe we’re rapidly approaching the holiday season, but here we are. The weather is as crisp as a freshly picked apple and the soccer is as plentiful as the fallen leaves. While August marked a high water mark for number of games in the past few months, September was no slouch. In the 30 days of the month there were over 260 matches across 25 different broadcast networks. La Liga and two of its biggest teams had the most appearances on U.S. TV thanks to a multitude of games on beIN Sports.
However, award for the network with most broadcasts of the month goes to TUDN – formerly Univision Deportes Network – which broadcasted over 80 matches… more than 40 matches more than that of second place beIN Sports. You can read more into our September soccer on U.S. TV stats in the graphic below. For details on the most-watched games of the month keep reading!
Most-watched soccer matches of September
- USMNT vs. Mexico | FS1 / Univision | 3,086,000
- Argentina vs. Mexico | Univision | 2,400,000
- América vs. Chivas | Univision | 2,000,000
- USMNT vs. Uruguay | FS1 / Univision | 1,445,000
- Arsenal vs. Tottenham | NBCSN / Telemundo | 1,056,000
- América vs. Pumas | Univision | 1,040,000
- América vs. Querétaro | Univision | 1,030,000
- Chelsea vs. Liverpool | NBCSN / Telemundo | 1,020,000
- Norwich vs. Manchester City | NBC / Universo | 867,000
- Everton vs. Manchester City | NBC / Universo | 834,000
- Mexico was involved in the two most-watched matches of September and each was watched by more than 2.4 million viewers.
- U.S. friendlies against Mexico and Uruguay combined for 3.5 million viewers
- Club América’s five TV appearances in September garnered nearly 5 million viewers across Univision and TUDN
- The Premier League had four of the 10 most-watched games of the month totaling 3.8M viewers across NBC, NBCSN, Telemundo