The skinny on March
136 matches featuring 178 teams across 25 different leagues and competitions.
Liga MX dominates shortened month
Thanks to COVID-19 the last broadcast of live soccer action was way back on March 16th. Despite a shortened month, Liga MX teams still dominated the airwaves with four teams among the most-featured of the month. Juarez, Monterrey, Tigres, and Tijuana all had five matches on TV. Thanks to the Concacaf Women’s U20 Championship, the Mexican U20s also featured prominently.
March featured some marquee matchups, including the Manchester Derby and El Clasico. The former was the most-watched match of the month with just over 1.7 million viewers and also the most-watched Premier League match in U.S. TV history. Below the derby, the next four matches were all in Liga MX with an average of 1.2 million viewers
- Manchester United vs. Manchester City | NBC / Telemundo | 1,704,000
- Pumas vs. Club América | Univision | 1,500,000
- Atlas vs. Chivas | Univision | 1,200,000
- Club América vs. Cruz Azul | UniMás | 1,100,000
- León vs. Pumas | TUDN | 1,000,000
- Liverpool vs. Atlético Madrid | TNT / UniMás | 980,000
- Real Madrid vs. Barcelona | beIN SPORTS / beIN Español | 941,418
- Everton vs. Manchester United | NBCSN / Telemundo | 657,000
- Los Angeles FC vs. Inter Miami | ESPN / ESPN Deportes | 652,000
- USWNT vs. Spain | ESPN / TUDN | 619,000