In a major club announcement Tuesday, the Seattle Sounders unveiled a new era in the club’s 45-year history. Eleven families were added to the club’s ownership group, all of whom come from a variety of backgrounds. The group of nascent franchise owners might be diverse, but they all have one important connection – their ties to Seattle. From musicians to athletes and tech industry stalwarts, the ownership group is eclectic to say the least. Does it rival LAFC’s impressive ownership lineup of Magic Johnson, Will Farrell, Mia Hamm, and company? Maybe, maybe not; however, diversity among owners continues to be an exciting development for the league.
Newest members of the Sounders Ownership Group
- Russell Wilson – Super Bowl-winning quarterback of the Seattle Seahawks; husband of Ciara
- Ciara – Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter; wife of Russell Wilson
- Soma Somasegar – venture capitalist serving as Managing Director of Madrona Venture Group
- Akila Somasegar – a former finance professional, currently a philanthropist serving on several local and international non-profit boards
- David & Sabina Nathanson – previously Head of Business Operations for FOX Sports Media Group and COO, GM of FS1 and FS2. He is an investor and board member of NHL Seattle, and also serves on the Board of Directors for the U.S. Soccer Foundation, the Over Under Initiative and Fan Duel Group.
- Satya & Anu Nadella – current Microsoft CEO
- Terry & Katie Myerson – formerly Executive Vice President of Windows and Devices at Microsoft, now with Madrona Venture Group and the Carlyle Group
- Brian McAndrews – former CEO of Pandora, CEO of aQuantive, Senior Vice President of Microsoft Advertising and Publishing Solutions, Executive Vice President of ABC Television Production and Executive Vice President & General Manager of ABC Sports.
- Elise Holschuh – serves on the strategy committee of Hugo House and was Chair of the Board for local non-profit Path with Art.
- Macklemore & Tricia Davis – Grammy Award-winning hip hop artist
- Amy Hood – Chief Financial Officer at Microsoft
- Max Kleinman – a former partner at Accenture, proudly join their hometown club.
- Chee Chew – Chief Product Officer at Twilio following time at Amazon, Google (Seattle / Kirkland) and Microsoft
- Christine Chew – Board President of the Bellevue School Board, former Executive Director of College Access Now, current board member of Amplio
- Joe – Corporate Vice President in the Experiences and Devices division at Microsoft
- Kristina Belfiore – serves on the Board of Trustees for both Rainier Scholars and Seattle Day Country School
- Mark & Tomoko Agne – Managing Partner at Softbank Investment Advisors, former partner at Goldman Sach
Categories: Major League Soccer