The 2021 MLS season came to a close over the weekend with NYCFC crowned league champions. The fourth-seeded Eastern Conference team took host Portland Timbers to penalty kicks before lifting the trophy.
The game was viewed, on average, by 1.5 million fans across ABC, UniMas, and TUDN. How do these numbers compare to other championship soccer games this year? Here are a few for perspective:
- Gold Cup Final: 7.6 million (FS1, Univision, TUDN)
- Nations League Final: 4.2 million (Univision, TUDN)
- Liga MX Clausura Final: 2.4 million (Univision, TUDN)
- MLS Cup: 1.5 million (ABC, UniMas, TUDN)
- NWSL Championship: 525,000 (CBS)
- USL Championship: 84,000 (ESPN)
Source: Steven Goff / @SoccerInsider
See more stats like this one at our hub for industry-related insights.