Greetings from Miami! For the second straight year, the GESM team traded the Windy City for the Magic City to attend the stateside edition of the leading global soccer industry convention. Our digital team assisted Soccerex with their social media coverage across Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube. While we sat behind the respective handles, our fearless leader, John, moderated a great panel entitled How Brands Connect with Soccer Fans in North America. He was joined on stage by Jeff Ianello of SeatGeek, Heidi Pellerano of Concacaf, and William White of Target.
Our Soccerex favorites
While every panel we were able to attend provided valuable insights, the panelists on our favorite sessions discussed the power players have to influence fans, the continued rise of women’s soccer and how brands are tapping into female fandom, how teams and media outlets can adapt to changing soccer consumption trends, and how domestic and foreign teams can establish a unique identity in the sport.
Establishing A Unique Soccer Identity
- Darren Eales – President, Atlanta United
- Jake Edwards – President, United Soccer League
- Boris Gartner – CEO, LaLiga North America
- Rich Orosco – EVP Brand & Community, Los Angeles Football Club
- Marco Liceaga – SVP Marketing & Promotion, Univision Deportes / TUDN
The Unstoppable Rise of Women’s Soccer
- Yael Averbuch – Executive Director, NWSL Players Association
- Joe Barnes – Director of Bud Light Sports Marketing, Anheuser Busch Inc.
- Amanda Duffy – President, National Women’s Soccer League
- Karina LeBlanc – Head of Women’s Football, Concacaf
- Jeff Kassouf – Founder, The Equalizer
Adapting to Soccer Consumption Trends
- Jérôme De Chaunac – Managing Director of Americas, Paris Saint-Germain
- Ian Nolan – Head of Content, Manchester United
- Travis Rettke – General Manager, Bleacher Report & B/R Football
- Eddie Rivoldi – Marketing & Communications Manager of America, Bundesliga International
- Eli Velazquez – EVP Programming, Productions & Content, Telemundo, NBCUniversal
- Shaun Koiner – SVP Publishing, DAZN & Goal
Players and the Power to Influence
- Alejandro Bedoya – Captain, Philadelphia Union
- Brad Friedel – Consultant, JerseyEX
- Jason Roberts – Director of Development, Concacaf
- Mikael Silvestre – Director of Football, Sports Invest UK Ltd
- Luis Miguel Echegaray – Editor/Director of Spanish/Latino Content, Sports Illustrated
Soccerex in pictures
Here’s a look at some of our favorite pics from Soccerex 2019. Until next year!