March may be associated with madness because of college basketball, but March also featured the most soccer games per month so far this year. Yes, only three full months have been completed, but it’s a sign of things to come as we reach some of the busiest soccer months of the year.
Here are some highlights from the month that was:
- Club America was the most-featured team on U.S. television this month with seven appearances. The Mexico City-based team was also in the fourth most-watched game of the month against rivals Chivas
- Thanks to international friendlies and meaningful international games in both European and African qualifying, there were over 270 teams featured on TV
- The top 14 most-watched games were broadcast in Spanish. Six of those games were also broadcast in English
- Among the ten most-watched games were two Mexico games, one USMNT game, three Premier League games, three Liga MX games, and one Champions League game
- Thanks to their appearance on NBC, Arsenal vs. Manchester United was the most-watched Premier League game of 2019